Khopra Ridge Trek – 7 Days
The Khopra Khayar Ridge Trek is a mesmerizing adventure that offers breathtaking views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain ranges in the Annapurna region of Nepal. This off-the-beaten-path trek is a hidden gem, allowing trekkers to explore the stunning beauty of the Himalayas while avoiding the crowds of more popular routes.
The journey begins in the picturesque city of Pokhara, where trekkers embark on a scenic drive to Nayapul, the starting point of the trek. The trail also leads through lush rhododendron forests, charming traditional villages, and terraced farmlands, providing glimpses into the local culture and way of life. The warm hospitality of the Gurung and Magar communities along the way adds a special charm to the trek.
As the trek progresses, the landscape gradually transforms into a rugged and dramatic terrain. Trekkers also ascend to the magnificent Khopra Ridge, which offers awe-inspiring panoramic views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri massifs. The sight of these majestic snow-capped peaks towering over the surrounding valleys is truly awe-inspiring and creates memories that last a lifetime.
One of the highlights of the Khopra Khayar Ridge Trek is a visit to Khayar Lake, a sacred glacial lake nestled amidst the mountains. The serene and tranquil atmosphere around the lake provides a perfect setting for reflection and meditation. It is also a great spot for photographers to capture stunning shots of the surrounding Himalayan vistas.
Unlike some other popular treks in the region, the Khopra Khayar Ridge Trek offers a quieter and more peaceful experience. The trekking trails are less crowded, allowing trekkers to immerse themselves in the tranquility of the mountains and connect with nature on a deeper level.
Conclusion and Summary
Overall, the Khopra Khayar Ridge Trek is a hidden treasure that showcases the best of the Annapurna region. With its stunning mountain views, cultural encounters, and off-the-beaten-path charm, this trek is a must for adventurers seeking a unique and unforgettable Himalayan experience
Day 1: Drive from Pokhara to Nayapul /syauli bazaar /kimche (1,784m) -Trek to Ghandruk (1940m / 6,364 ft )
Driving Hours 2 & ½ hrs. Trek Distance 8 km/ 4.9 miles Highest Altitude 1940m / 6,364 ft Trek Duration 2 hrs.
After having breakfast early in the morning in Pokhara and drive to Nayapul then off-road through a small village,Sauli Bazar and Kimche, Then we trek up steps and continue to walk to the beautiful Gurung village of Ghandruk, a village with vibrant Buddhist monasteries and houses made of slate and stones. with beautiful mountain views and rich in Gurung traditions Overnight at a guest house in Ghandruk.
Day 2: Trek from Ghandruk (1940m / 6,364 ft ) to Tadapani (2675m.8,630 ft)
Itinerary Facts Trek Distance 9.5 km/ 5 .9 miles Highest Altitude 2675m.8,630 ft. Trek Duration 3-4 hrs
We leave the terraced hillsides and the village of Ghandruk behind and trek through rhododendron and oak forest. There are no villages on this route, but there are a few teahouses at the place called Baisi Kharkha (Buffalo Grassing place) to rest. We will get to see awe-inspiring views of Machhapuchhare (6993m), Annapurna II (7937m), Annapurna III (7555m), Annapurna IV (7525m), Annapurna South (7237m), and Lamjung Himal (6931m) along the way.
Day 3: Trek from Tadapani (2,675m.8,630 ft) – Bayeli Kharka (3,450m/11,318 ft)
Trek Distance 5.8 km/ 3.6 miles Highest Altitude 3,450m/11,318 ft Trek Duration 5 hrs
From Tadapani we walk the first and half hours through the forest of rhododendrons and Primula.then after 4 hours of the gradual climb we reach above the timberline with amazing views of the Annapurna .we will stop for lunch my streams and continue through the through open countryside to reach a small pass from here the trail descends through rhododendron to a clearing known as Bayli Kharka, and the lodge. From the village, we can enjoy superb views of Mt. Dhaulagiri, the seventh highest mountain in the world.
Day 4: Trek from Bayli Kharka (3,450 m/11,318 ft) to Khopra Danda (Ridge) (3,660m/11,811 ft)
Trek Distance 8 km/ 4.9 miles Highest Altitude 3,660m/11,811 ft Trek Duration 5 hrs
From Bayli Kharka we will descend through forests to reach the pastures of Chistibang. From Chistibang we trek for around 2 hours to ascend above the timberlines to reach the ridge at Kopra, You might get to see Himalayan tahr and Danfe pheasant on the way. On top, we will see amazing views on all sides of Dhaulagiri, Damphus Peak, Tukuche Peak, Nilgiri, Annapurna 1, Annapurna South, and deep down Sikha.
Day 5: Trek from Khopra Danda (Ridge) (3,660m/11,811 ft) to Swanta (2,214m/7,874 ft)
Itinerary Facts Trek Distance 9.6 km/ 5.9 miles Highest Altitude 3,660m/11,811 ft Trek Duration 4 – 5 hrs
From Khopra Ridge we can walk to Khayar Lake at 4600m which will take around 5 hours we’ll take a steep trail on the ridge with stone steps with a gorgeous view of nature. After visiting the lake we will come back down to Khopra. For those who don’t want to visit the lake we will trek down a trail to reach the nice little village Swanta,with incredibly friendly people, it is also also the community cheese factory. where not many other tourists come. You can explore the place as well as taste cheese.
Day 6: Trek from Swanta (2,214m/7,874 ft) to Ghorepani (2,880 m/9,350 ft)
Itinerary Facts Trek Distance 8 km/ 4.9 miles Highest Altitude 2,880 m/9,350 ft. Trek Duration 5 hrs
We will descend through the village fields to a small river then will cross the suspension bridge and head upwards to the village of Chittre, where will join the main trekking trail. There is a further ascent to reach the Ghorepani .we will enjoy seeing great views of the Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre massif, and a well-earned rest.
Day 7: Early morning hike to Poon Hill (3,210 m/ 10,525 ft) then trek to Birethanti (1,039 m/3,250 ft) -Drive to NayaPul – Pokhara.
Itinerary Facts Trek Distance 12.5 km / 7.7 miles Highest Altitude 3,210 m/ 10,525 ft Trek Duration 4-5 hrs Driving Hours 2hrs
We ascend to poon Hill (3,210m) early morning to view sunrise over the whole Annapurna, Dhaulagiri massif including Mt Machhapuchhre (Fishtail), After taking natural view of sunrise and the warm sun kissing and surrounding rice terrace A favorite spot among photographers After visiting Poonhill, we will trek to Birethanti then drive to Nayapul and back to tourist hubs Pokhara.
Include / Exclude
- Both way transportation service between Kathmandu and Pokhara by Tourist bus.
- Both way private transportation service from Pokhara to kimche(trek start), Birethanti(trek end) to Pokhara.
- Two nights accommodation with Breakfast (room with attached bathroom) at “Hotel Crown Himalayas” in Pokhara.
- Accommodations: Two nights room with attached bathroom at Ghandruk, and Ghorepani, four nights standard room at Tadapani, Bayeli Kharka,Khopra Danda and Swanta. (Generally twin Sharing room)- 6 Nights
- All Standard Meals (7 Lunches, 6 Dinners and 7 Breakfasts) during the trek.
- Government License holder Friendship World Treks experienced and qualified trek leader (guide), assistant trekking guide, (12 or above trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and porter to help trekkers luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter “9 kg per trekker max limit”).
- Coverage of Guides and Porters, Their meals, insurance, salary, lodging, transportation, flight and other necessary equipment.
- Water purification tablets for safe drinking water
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP) Fee.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) card fee.
- Snacks (cookies) and Seasonal fresh fruits every day
- All government, Local taxes and official Expenses
- Assistance in arranging rescue operation in case of complicated health condition (funded by travel insurance).
- Souvenir – A company’s T-shirt & Cap
- Everest Expeditions Nepal appreciation of certificate after over the successfully trek.
- Farewell Dinner at the end of the trek
- International flight airfare
- Nepal Entry Visa Fees for multiple Entries on arrival at Tribhuwan Internationa Airport- (15 days – $25-30, 30 days- $40-50 and 90 days- $100-110)
- Excess baggage charges (Limit is 9kg per Person)
- All Accommodation and meals in Kathmandu, before and after we start our journey
- Lunch and Dinner in Pokhara.
- Extra night accommodation, Meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara due to early arrival or late departure, early return from the trek.
- Personal expense (shopping, snacks, boil bottle water, hot and cold drinks, hot shower, Alcohol, Wi-Fi, telephone call, battery re-charge fee), extra porters etc
- Personal clothing and gear
- Travel insurance which has to cover emergency high-altitude rescue and evacuation compulsory
- Tips for guide and porters (Recommended by the Culture)
- Additional costs or delays caused by out of management control, for example, landslide, weather condition, itinerary modification due to safety concerns, illness, change of government policies, strikes etc.
- All the costs and expenses which are not listed in “cost includes” will be counted as Excludes
Price per person