Upper Mustang Helicopter Tour
Upper Mustang Helicopter Tour offers unique experience by visiting the old monasteries, crossing over the Himalayas to explore the forbidden kingdom of Mustang located on the Nepal and Tibet (China) border. The exciting Upper Mustang helicopter ride tour starts from Kathmandu and lands in Pokhara for fueling. After the arrangement the, helicopter flies close to Annapurna Himalayan ranges along the Kaligandaki River. The panoramic vistas of high mountains and beautiful landscape that encounters is rare in any anyone life.
Major Points to be noted
- Special entry permit of US$ 500 per person is necessary to visit Upper Mustang
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) entry permit USD 30 per person
- For Helicopter flight permit, both permits of all travelers is necessary and need at least a week
- A person from Nepal Goverment (policeman) will fly from Jomsom to Upper Mustang
The natural wonderland of Nepal, Annapurna and Upper Mustang both region is explored during the Mustang helicopter ride. Mustang area lies to the northern part of the Annapurna region starting from Kagbeni. The geographical landscape is similar to the Tibetan plateau continue from the Tibetan border. So, the lifestyles and culture of the Upper Mustang is influenced from the Tibet. So, the capital of Upper Mustang, Lo-Manthang gives a similar experience of Tibet in Nepal. Lo Manthang is still under the restricted area by Nepal Government. A special permit is required to visit this area. Lo-Manthang is an age-old walled city with unique culture and lifestyle.
Helicopter tours to Mustang offers majestic views of the snow-capped peaks of Mt. Annapurna and Dhaulagiri range. During your stay around an hour, you will explore the around by capturing the magical moments and visit some of the ancient monasteries. It’s a different world inside this walled city with finely carved wooden pillars, images of Buddhist deities, giant lookout towers.
The helicopter tours to Mustang ends after returning the helicopter charter flight back to Kathmandu city. During your return you will enjoy the aerial views of villages, hills, snowy mountains rivers and spectacular views of the Kathmandu Valley.
– Kathmandu to Pokhara heli ride (30 minutes)
– Pokhara to Jomsom (20 Minutes)
– Jomsom to Mustang (30 Minutes)
– Explore around Lo Mangtang (1 Hour)
– Fly back to Kathmandu (1.30 hours)
Include / Exclude
- Airport transfer as per the itinerary.
- Helicopter charter flight for up to 5 persons from Kathmandu – Pokhara – Jomsom – Lo Manthang – Kathmandu
- All government taxes
- Our company service charge
- Personal expenses such as alcoholic drinks, tea/coffee
- Upper Mustang special permit USD 500.00 per person.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit fee USD 30 per person.
Price per person